Ashwagandha is an herb that is commonly used in Ayurvedic medicine, a traditional Indian system of medicine. It is said to have a variety of health benefits, including reducing stress and anxiety, improving cognitive function, and increasing endurance and stamina. Ashwagandha, helps promote overall health and well-being. Some of the best-known benefits of Ashwagandha include:
Increasing strength and muscle mass: believed to increase muscle mass and strength, which could be beneficial for athletes and bodybuilders. Studies have shown that supplementing with ashwagandha can lead to significant increases in muscle size and strength.
Enhancing endurance: Ashwagandha has been shown to enhance endurance by reducing fatigue and promoting recovery from intense exercise. It's believed to do so by reducing the levels of stress hormones, such as cortisol, that can cause fatigue during intense exercise.
Improving cardiovascular function: Ashwagandha may help to improve cardiovascular function by lowering blood pressure and heart rate, and reducing oxidative stress. This could help to improve overall endurance and stamina during physical activity.
Besides muscle strength and physical endurance, Ashwagandha also has these other benefits:
- Reducing stress and anxiety: shown to reduce cortisol levels and improve symptoms of anxiety and stress.
- Improving brain function: Some studies have found that ashwagandha can improve memory and reaction time, as well as reduce the risk of age-related cognitive decline.
- Improving heart health: Ashwagandha may help lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels, and improve the function of the endothelial cells that line the blood vessels.
- Lowering inflammation: Ashwagandha has anti-inflammatory properties which may help to reduce chronic inflammation and the risk of disease.
- Improving testosterone and fertility in men.
We hope this blog helped you understand the incredible benefits this root can have on your health! And if it caught your attention, one of our NEWEST gummies contains Ashwagandha, as well as Turmeric and Ginger.